- This event has passed.
Saturday Samplings ~ Académie du vin
Sat February 29, 2020 @ 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Wine 101: Tannins
Tannins are chemical compounds found in the skin, seeds and stems of grapes. They give red wines their structure and ability to age. There are two sources of tannin: grapes and new oak. Join us as we explore the mysterious world of tannins guided by Daniel Duica, WSET Instructor!
Come and Sample:
1. Bieler Pere & Fils Sabine Rose, 2019, France $12.99- Silvia’s Favorite!
2. Benzinger Pinot Noir 2018, California $14.99
3. Tenuta di Nozzolle Chianti Classico Riserva 2016, Italy, $24.99 92 p Robert Parker, 94p James Suckling
4. Chateau Paveil de Luze Margaux, 2015,France $29.99 91 p Wine Enthusiast, 92p James Suckling
5. Sebastiani Vineyards Gravel Bed Red,2016 California, $22.99- The Wildcard! 91 p Wine &Spirits