The Refectory Restaurant & Bistro is Central Ohio’s destination for a first-class dining experience. For more than 40 years, the Refectory has remained the place where everyday moments and special occasions become lifetime memories. Our Marketing and Banquet Coordinator will help to continue this legacy. The Marketing and Banquet Coordinator is honest, approachable and outgoing. This jack-of-alltrades enjoys a collaborative and flexible work environment; and is comfortable in a smaller company. He or she is open, creative, loves to manage social media, websites and email communications and is willing to learn. This person carries a positive attitude while being balanced and intuitive. This person has a sense of humor with a fun personality. He or she consistently provides the highest attention to detail and has a strong work ethic. A highly motivated self-starter, who is committed to the success of the group. He or she willing to do what it takes to get the job done, and inspires others through their work. It’s essential that this person multi-task while knowing how to prioritize. He or she is resourceful, knowledgeable and thinks outside of the box. This person isn’t afraid to leave his or her comfort zone or admit failure.
WHY THE REFECTORY?
- New and exciting position created due to growth
- Strong, well known, iconic brand
- It’s a relaxed environment
- Team comes first
- Treat our guests like family
- Direct access to leadership
- Stable and growing business
- Close-knit team and a small company environment
- Conveniently located in NW Columbus – 1092 Bethel Road, with private parking
The Marketing and Banquet Coordinator’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manages The Refectory’s social media program and marketing. This will include
preparing the editorial calendar, photography, content and managing comments for all
- Manages The Refectory’s website, including creating event pages, adding new content
and imagery as well as ensuring the site content is current and appropriate for all
audiences (wine shop, dining room guests, organizations and companies seeking catering
or private event support, music series guests, etc.).
- Manages and creates weekly email newsletters and special promotional emails as needed.
Responsible for authoring the email content, incorporating imagery, distributing all
emails, managing the email list and reporting metrics to leadership.
- Coordinates photography and video for the restaurant by capturing photos and organizing
the storage of all imagery. This will require the Marketing and Banquet Coordinator to
attend events during evenings and weekends on occasion to capture video and
- Completes and coordinates all Banquet Event Orders through individuals contacting The
Refectory. Key tasks associated with this role include accurate and timely communication
with leadership, culinary team, and beverage team.
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to successfully move into problem-solving mode
whenever challenges or concerns arise.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- 1-2 years post-internship experience
- Experience managing social media networks/platforms
- Copywriting experience (e.g., social posts, website content, emails)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Microsoft Office proficient
- Ability to develop social media strategies
- Hospitality experience
- Degree in journalism, public relations, corporate or marketing communications
- The ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-sensitive environment
- Strong organizational and research skills
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite and MailChimp
IF INTERESTED, PLEASE SEND COVER LETTER AND RESUME to firstname.lastname@example.org